Saturday, August 20, 2011

Vancouver II

I continued to explore the city and to gear up. They have a really cool bikeshop here - not only one, tons of. But this one (Our Community Bikes) is special. It's rather a garagre than a shop. If there's anything wrong with your bike, you go there, can use all their tools and fix it yourself, but you get help by the people working there. My rear derailleur made some strange sounds since I attached it again, after having removed it before the flight. The woman who helped me saw my mistake immediately, explained how to do it properly, it was easily fixed, and now I know for the next time. This is a great place.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Andrea,
    I wish you all the best for this great adventure - and take good care of your derailleur, since there's nobody around so far to push you all the way down south (is there?).

    Have a good time and see you soon,

    Philip with Ellen and Jakob.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Philip is very right! Is that actually a "Damenrad"? :)

    Much fun and let the sow out!
    Torsten without wife and child :(

    ReplyDelete